Sunday, October 11, 2009

Swap-O-Rama-Rama halter and skirt


The five-year-old and I partied like crazy at Swap-O-Rama-Rama today. She dove into the swap piles and found a halter top and a lingerie camisole she liked. She hand-stitched a length of ribbon to the front hem of the halter at the Handmade Philly embroidery and applique table, and I adjusted the top to her size with a giant pleat in back secured by a sequined applique. I folded down the top of the camisole with a running stitch and threaded yellow grosgrain ribbon through it for a drawstring. Voila! A skirt. The kid added a couple of sashes and some bead trim worn as a necklace.

(Cheeseburger also Philly-made, courtesy of Colonial Pizza.)

If I ruled the universe, this event would take place every week. *bliss*

1 comment:

  1. hooray! sorry I missed you guys - and didn't get a chance to say hi, but i'm glad you made it to the event and to our table!

    ruth

    ReplyDelete