Thursday, April 30, 2009

Creating ~ A Little Differently



So apart from papercrafting, my real life is spent as a professional singer. What I created that debuted this week (actually on my birthday) was a CD with my fellow friends entitled Vespers. Vespers is a piece written by my dear friend Kile Smith, whom you may know from WRTI. Kile is a first-rate composer. He wrote this piece for Piffaro and they asked us, The Crossing, to collaborate with them. The Crossing choir is made up of all professional singers and is conducted by Donald Nally who is now living in Chicago and working for Chicago Lyric Opera. Donald flies in to work with us and program a full season dedicated only to the performing of new works. This is a special group. A group that relishes the process and a group that embraces their audiences as if they were a part of the ensemble. It was an absolute joy making music with my friends, and would love it if you watched this video to get just a glimpse into the amazing people involved with this project! ***I am the one wearing the peach peasant top*** ;)

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, how exciting! I LOVE Piffaro, how cool to get to work with them. The music in the video sounds amazing! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete