Thursday, May 28, 2009

Big and chunky


It's true that this once-a-week is harder than I thought, and that isn't helped by having my camera out of commission for too many days.
All that whining aside, I managed to get one picture of this big, earthy, chunky necklace that I actually made a couple of weeks ago (is that cheating, to use a piece not made in the week in question?). The jasper nuggets in neutral shades are big, big, big, the colors of a cloudy day leavened by striations of golden yellow in the focal nugget. This one got a lot of attention the one time I wore it to see if it worked.
I think I'll make more of these for the fall.

2 comments:

  1. Love the necklace, it definitely makes me think of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really cool! kind of like jewelry for naturalists/ geologists? :O) i'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete